Great news – Moodle Workplace 4.1 has been released! It contains new features, enhancements, bug fixes and security patches.
In 4.1, Advanced tenant appearance settings are added to make it easier to configure the tenant branding from the UI. Along with these new settings, there’s more granularity to the permissions, so now it’s possible to prevent tenant admins from changing those settings.
With regard to Dynamic Rules, there’s two conditions and a new action in the Shared Space for automating tenant allocation. With these, now it’s possible to create rules to perform actions based on users belonging to (or not belonging to) tenants, and to allocate users to tenants in Shared Rules.
In this release, the ability to migrate Moodle LMS Custom Reports is implemented and the support for the My Teams page in the Workplace App is improved.
And lastly, a new dual-version approach is introduced in Workplace to ensure the product is well-suited both for clients demanding frequent upgrades and for those who prefer new features only on major releases.
From now on, Moodle Workplace is packaged in two versions:
- Standard version: no new features in minor releases, this version is supported for bug fixes and security fixes while the corresponding version of LMS is supported;
- Rolling version: features are added continuously up until the new major release of LMS, after that it has bug fixes for four more months and then support stops completely (which is approximately 3 months after the next Workplace major release).
Moodle Workplace 4.1: New features
Here are the highlights for Moodle Workplace 4.1:
- Advanced tenant appearance settings: tenant branding now includes two more settings that were available in Workplace 3.11: Navigation bar and Primary button colours. We have added more granularity to the permissions to change the appearance of the tenant, so advanced settings such as custom SCSS can be restricted to specific roles.
- Improvement to Tenant-allocation rules in the Shared Space. We have added two new conditions (“Users is allocated to tenant” and “User is not allocated to tenant”) and one action (“Allocate to tenant”) to Shared Dynamic Rules, with this addition we simplify the tenant allocation workflows for Admins in multi-tenant Workplace sites.
- Migration of core_reportbuilder custom reports. Migration feature now supports import and export of Custom Reports using Moodle LMS native report sources.
- Improved My Teams support in Workplace App. The new My Teams page now includes information about learning and tracking in the Workplace App.
Other interesting features and fixes
- Hide/mask description of Dynamic rules conditions and actions when current user is not able to edit them
- Improved how hidden courses are displayed in the My Courses and Program pages
- Added “Department” to User profile field condition in Dynamic Rules
- New setting to disable Program Cover page
- New setting to hide “Dates” section in the course information popup
- Fixed bug with deleted appointments being listed in user calendar
- Archive course certificates during program reset
- Display a warning when changing a tab without saving a form
- Allow tenant admin to edit locked profile fields for users in their tenant
- Fixed a bug causing an exception when viewing program progress report as an organisation manager after program import