Moodle 2.2 has been officially released.
The latest stable software release includes improvements and fixes to existing functionality and also contains the following new features:
- Advanced grading methods – such as rubrics and other multi-criteria assessment forms to assess not only the workshop module, but also, for example, assignments, forums, wikis and databases;
- IMS Learning Tools Interoperability;
- MyMobile theme – has been added to the list of standard core themes. The theme has been customised and optimised for smart phone and tablet users and does not require the installation of an app on said devices. The theme can be set by an administrator as the primary or mobile theme for a Moodle site;
- Improved SCORM reporting – this includes a new interactions report;
- Gravatar integration – gravatar is an external web service that allows users to setup an avatar which can be used on many sites.