Our aim is to train organisations to learn how to effectively use their own learning management system, this includes administration, managing users, courses, content, learning activities, assessment and reporting. Training enables your staff to step through the Course creator and Manager workshops with our expert Moodle, Totara and Mahara software trainer.
Informative, interactive and learner focussed. I recommend these workshops to any institution trying or planning to implement Moodle as their LMS.
Brisbane Girls Grammar School
We hired My Learning Space to run introductory Moodle training sessions for staff at Australia/New Zealand schools. The feedback from these sessions has been very positive. They helped us to get off to a flying start.
My Learning Space are effective and personable training facilitators. They delivered a training course which was engaging, interactive and tailored to our business needs. The learning was quickly applied on the job and has been very successful.
For people who do not have a great deal of experience with Moodle the workshop clearly presented the many possibilities that using Moodle can provide. Great presenter and visuals.
Tara Anglican Girls School
An outstanding trainer who has both an in-depth knowledge of their field and an excellent capacity to communicate this to learners.
Mental Health Coordinating Council
My Learning Space gave comprehensive training on Moodle and can customise training on the fly. All staff enjoyed the training.
North Brisbane Institute of Technology
Excellent workshop - well organised, informative and highly collaborative.
Sunshine Coast Grammar School
Very approachable and willing to go in the direction of the group. This was a good overview to Moodle.
University of Canberra
Very helpful, very knowledgeable, relaxed enough to be actively involved in building my own moodle as I learnt more throughout the workshops.
Coomera Anglican College
Very informative. A great heads up for beginners.
Beerwah State High School
Learn from our highly qualified technology educator who delivers interactive training workshops for your staff. Key benefits include:
- Learn how to effectively use your own learning management system software;
- Topics tailored to suit the interests and abilities of your participants;
- Practical training delivered when it suits your organisation – onsite, online or both;
- Communication before, during and after the workshop to ensure personalised training that meets your organisation’s specific requirements;
- Add value to educational outcomes across your organisation;
- Excellent continuing professional development opportunity including a Certificate of Attainment for each participant.
We bring a hands-on workshop approach to our onsite training, ensuring your key educators, trainers and administrative staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills to confidently use your learning management system. Covering all of the essential knowledge and skills related to effective use of your learning management system, we consult with you prior to scheduling your training to ensure the 6 hour workshop is tailored to meet your organisation’s specific requirements.
Practicing what we preach, we offer our clients the flexibility of a cost and time effective solution through online training. Provided your participants have access to the internet, we can deliver a virtual training experience via web conferencing software. Our interactive tools include chat, polls, quizzes, file sharing, screen sharing, voice control, session recording and evaluations. Online training sessions last 2 hours and are recommended to supplement and build upon knowledge gained from the onsite training.
What you get:
- 2h live workshop (online) or 6h face-to-face (onsite) facilitated by our resident Moodle guru and qualified educator
- Digital recording of our workshop (online)
- Copy of our workshop presentation file (onsite)
- Certificate of Attainment for each participant
- 30-day online access to our training site
- A restorable backup of our How to Moodle online course
- Unlimited access to more than 80 tutorials
- Our White Paper: Strategies to implement an LMS
- Our LMS Evaluation Tool
- Best virtual coffee on the planet!
What you don’t get:
- Airport queues
- Traffic delays
- Parking meters
- Small talk with strangers
- Bad coffee
- Bed bugs
The following are required to participate in our training:
- Desktop or laptop computer (one device per participant)
- Internet connection (DSL speed or faster)
- Web browser (latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari)
- Data projector (onsite, optional)
- Speakers or headphones (online)
- Microphone (online, optional)
- Webcam (online, optional)
This workshop is designed for any person responsible for or interested in creating online courses using Moodle. The workshop introduces new users to the Moodle software and demonstrates how to create an engaging online course. Participants are given the opportunity to familiarise with the key tools in a Sandpit course during the session.
- Moodle overview: what is Moodle, user profile and settings;
- Settings: course settings, layout, blocks and enrolment methods;
- Resources: uploading files, creating web pages, using multimedia and repositories;
- Activities: forum, assignment and quiz;
- Assessment: grading and feedback.
This workshop is designed for any person responsible for or interested in administering a Moodle site. The workshop introduces the Moodle software and demonstrates important site-wide settings to effectively manage the system, courses and users. Participants are given the opportunity to familiarise with the key administrative functions in a Moodle instance during the session.
- Moodle overview: what is Moodle and front page settings;
- Users: add and edit user accounts, define and assign user roles;
- Courses: add courses, course default settings and automated backup configuration;
- Plugins: activities, authentication, enrolments and repositories;
- Themes: theme settings, selection for default, mobile, tablet and legacy browsers;
- Security and information privacy: site policies and security overview;
- Reporting: site statistics, user and course activity logs.
Chad Outten (BEd, MTM, MACE) is the Director of My Learning Space, an official Totara Partner for the Asia-Pacific region. He is a qualified educator and technologist with more than fifteen years experience in the Australian education and ICT sector. He has worked closely with a number of high profile clients including eBay, Shell, Rip Curl and Queensland Health among a diverse range of clients to make learning and training accessible and effective for their organisations.
Chad has previously worked in various capacities for The Scots College, NSW Board of Studies, University of Sydney, University of New South Wales and Australian Bureau of Statistics. He is registered with the Queensland College of Teachers, is a member of the e-Learning Guild, Australian College of Educators and the Queensland Society for Information Technology in Education.
Chad is a Moodle certified teacher and has acted as a mentor and assessor for the internationally recognised Moodle Teacher Certification program. He is a proud member of the esteemed ‘Particularly Helpful Moodlers’ and ‘Quality Assurance Testers’ groups at moodle.org. In 2008, Chad organised the National Moodle Conference held in Brisbane. He is passionate about e-learning, admires educators and understands the value of a good learning management system to address the challenges of 21st century education.