Increasingly, learning management systems such as Moodle are being used by corporates to provide and track training. This trend is also observed in academic institutions such as schools and universities, government organisations and lastly the not for profit organisations. So which learning solution tops the list?
A comprehensive Learning Management Systems survey conducted during August 2008 to August 2010 by the eLearning Guild placed Moodle on top ahead of Blackboard and TotalLMS. In the study of more than 900 respondents who use an LMS, Moodle topped the list for satisfaction in all the following categories:
- Reporting capabilities
- Time for implementation
- Meeting vendor promises
- Assessment capabilities
- Business impact
- Ease of use for administrators
- Ease of use for course designers and facilitators
- Ease of use for learners.
- The beauty of Moodle is the ease with which it distributes effective learning.
Additionally, Moodle has four key elements in its favour:
- Track Record: Moodle has more than 1,000,000 registered members on moodle.org including developers, educators, system administrators and business users. There are more than 35 million global users of Moodle.
- Form Meets Function: Moodle allows you to create content, deploy courses, assess, track and report using one software application. It utilises the latest web 2.0 technologies to create engaging user oriented learning experiences. Full configuration and customisation of the application is available.
- Evolving Technology: The Moodle software, being Open Source, can be edited and customised to suit an organisation’s needs. On the same token, an active community of developers contribute software feature enhancements to ensure educators, administrators and businesses are at the fore front of education technology.
- Value: Moodle is Open Source software, so there are no licensing costs or vendor lockins. This reduces the total cost of ownership, thus enabling your organisation to invest in things that matter most, like expert Consultancy, Hosting, Training and Support focussed on the learning management system software.
Who says you can’t have everything? With Moodle, you have access to a comprehensive number of administrator, educator, learner and integration tools as well as security, tracking and reporting capabilities. Learning management systems such as Moodle foster a social constructionist pedagogy through learning activities such as blog, chat, forums, messaging, rss, wikis and workshops. They enable 100% online education while endorsing a blended learning approach by supplementing face-to-face classes.
If your organisation needs a learning management system that is simple, lightweight, efficient, flexible, scalable and highly compatible – Moodle is the best choice.
[info]My Learning Space has been a proud supporter of the Moodle Community since 2005. We make an annual donation to contribute toward ongoing and future software development.[/info]